Stepful is excited to announce a partnership with the Department of Defense to provide military spouses with free healthcare training through the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship Program (MyCAA).
Through the program, eligible military spouses can receive up to $4,000 of financial assistance for certifications to pursue careers as medical assistants or pharmacy technicians.
Stepful’s Medical Assistant Program prepares students to take the NHA’s CCMA exam and work as a Certified Clinical Medical Assistant in just 4 months. Medical assistants help with both clinical and administrative tasks in hospitals, doctor’s offices, and other healthcare institutions.
Stepful’s Pharmacy Technician Program prepares students to take the PTCB’s CPhT exam and work as a Certified Pharmacy Technician in 4 months. Pharmacy technicians work at the front counter of pharmacies and behind the scenes at hospitals to help people get the medicines they need.
Both of our programs include in-person externships to give you real-world experience after you finish your classes. We also offer career coaching to help you craft your resume, prepare for interviews, and find a job.
We’re committed to helping military spouses learn the skills they need to start healthcare careers through convenient, flexible courses that fit their schedules.
We thank all of the hard-working members of the military and their spouses for the sacrifice they make to keep our country safe and hope our partnership with the Department of Defense can bring new opportunities to support them.
Read on to learn more about who is eligible and how to get started.
Here’s who is eligible for Stepful’s training programs through the MyCAA:
- Spouses of military members at or below the following pay grades: E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, or O-1 to O-2
- Spouses of military members who are currently on Title 10 military orders. You must be able to start and complete all of your coursework while your spouse is under those orders.
- You have not already used the full $4,000 from MyCAA.
Steps to Get Started
- Fill out one of our free applications: Medical Assistant or Pharmacy Technician. When you reach the question about being a military spouse, be sure to select Yes.
- Meet with with Stepful's military programs advisor who will walk you through creating a MyCAA account, filling out forms, and everything else necessary to get started.
- Chat with a MyCAA SECO Career Coach (DoD requirement).
- Submit your ETP and financial aid forms.
- After you're approved, Stepful will grant you classroom access!
If you’re interested in any of our programs but want to learn more before applying, feel free to email us at email@example.com or call (332) 334-8285.
You can see Stepful’s profile on the MyCAA website here.