Stepful and the student enter into agreement under which the student agrees to pay tuition as indicated in the Tuition section below as well as adhere to Stepful’s rules and regulations as set forth in the online classroom.
The total program cost (the “Tuition”) includes the course tuition cost, digital book and supply fees, non-refundable registration fee, certification exam prep, coaching fee, and job placement fee. We offer three payment options outlined in the Tuition section.
The following terms and conditions apply to the Stepful’s refund policy:
- A student who cancels before the first week of class for 5-week programs and the first two weeks of class for 16-week programs receives all money paid with the exception of the $59 non-refundable registration fee. Thereafter, the student who cancels receives a prorated refund if applicable as outlined below.
For 5-week classes:
- During the second week of class, Stepful retains 50% of tuition
- During the third week of class, Stepful retains 75% of tuition
- During the fourth or fifth week of class, Stepful retains 100% of tuition
For 16-week classes:
- During the first month of class, Stepful retains 25% of tuition
- During the second month of class, Stepful retains 50% of tuition
- During the third month of class, Stepful retains 75% of tuition
- During the fourth month, Stepful retains 100% of tuition
Money Back Guarantee Terms
The following terms and conditions (the “Money Back Guarantee Terms”) apply to Stepful’s guarantee for the Medical Assistant program only:
- The student must be 18 years or older.
- The student must be participating in the Medical Assistant training programs.
- The student must hold a High School Degree or GED from an accredited educational institution.
- The student must be proficient in spoken and written English.
- The student must be eligible to legally work in the United States.
- The student must be able to pass any background checks associated with jobs that student applies for. Without limiting the foregoing, if student fails to obtain a job offer directly or partially due to failure to pass a background check associated with the job offer, the student will not be eligible for a tuition refund.
A “Qualifying Position” is a healthcare job defined as a salaried employee or waged employee or compensated intern working full-time or part-time.
The “Guarantee Period” is defined as the period beginning at enrollment and ending 6 months after receiving the National Healthcare Association certification, or a longer period as set forth below.
The Guarantee Period may be extended unilaterally by Stepful: (A) by up to 12 months if the national unemployment rate is at any point during the Guarantee Period equal to or greater than 6%, or the monthly increase in the national unemployment rate exceeds 0.5%, or there are back-to-back monthly increases in the unemployment rate; (B) by one month to account for seasonal slowdowns in hiring, such as during the end-of-year holiday season occurring at any point during the Guarantee Period; or (C) by up to six months if there is a natural disaster or other occurrence beyond Stepful's control at any point during the Guarantee Period that disrupts the job market nationally. The Guarantee Period may also be extended by mutual agreement. The foregoing extensions may be cumulative.
Student Commitment to the Program
The student is required to fully commit to their job search and take Stepful’s recommendations seriously. The student is expected to be an active participant in their own success, and put significant effort into their job search. Therefore, for the Money Back Guarantee to be applicable, the student must have passed the National Healthcareer Certification exam. Starting on the certification day:
- The student must be active in their job search and apply for a minimum of 5 Qualifying Positions per week, in accordance with best practices prescribed by Stepful’s coaches.
- The students must be looking for a full-time position.
- The student must meet the vaccination requirements of healthcare employers in each state.
- The student must schedule calls with Stepful’s coach at the frequency instructed by the coach.
- The student should take guidance from their coach, and follow their recommendations on their job search strategy including applying for job types that are a good fit for them. The student should apply for roles that are suited to their level of experience and areas of expertise, and maintain realistic expectations about what kind of first job in healthcare is right for them.
- The student must provide their coach with a weekly summary of job-related activity in the tool provided by Stepful in any, including all job applications submitted. The student will also provide their coach with further job-related information on request.
- The student must respond to placement related communications from Stepful’s coaches within 72 hours.
- The student must always act with reasonable and good faith efforts to obtain a Qualifying Position.
How This Guarantee Applies To the Student
Without limiting the foregoing, situations that void this Money Back Guarantee include, but are not limited to:
- The student turns down a job offer for a Qualifying Position.
- The student decides not to conduct a job search for all or part of the Guarantee Period.
- The student decides to search for a role that does not meet the Qualifying Position criteria above.
- The student does not put sufficient and consistent effort into their job search, as outlined above.
- The student does not communicate with Stepful coaches consistently throughout their search, including notifying Stepful of any offers they have received.
- Student loses work authorization or does not have sufficient work authorization that meets the requirements above during the job search
- The student becomes physically or mentally unable to conduct an effective job search as outlined above during the Guarantee Period.
- The student does not apply for Qualifying Positions as required above throughout the Guarantee Period.
- The student does not follow through with the interview process for Qualifying Positions in a timely and professional manner, including but not limited to not participating as expected by the employer in the interview process by providing responses to employer communications, showing up on time for interviews, and providing documents or follow up as expected by employers.
- The student no-shows or reschedules/cancels a call with less than 24 hours notice with a coach 2 or more times.
Certification for Reimbursement
If the student believes they qualify for a reimbursement, they must provide a written and signed certification that they have met all of the Terms, and have not been offered any Qualifying Positions, within one calendar month after the Guarantee Period.
Our partner employers providing the sites for the externships may dismiss a student for the following reasons:
- Excessive absences and/or tardiness
- Poor personal hygiene
- Profanity/vulgarity/foul language
- Insubordination of any kind
- Using a cell phone while on the site
- HIPAA violation
- Failure to adhere to externship site rules/policies
This list of examples is not intended to be all-inclusive, and Stepful reserves the right to act in the best interest of students, faculty, and staff and may deem actions not listed to be a conduct violation.